Do you need medium duty towing? If you have a large truck, tractor, or RV you need to move, we can help. Let 5 Points handle all your medium duty towing needs! Our towing professionals will make sure your construction and farm equipment or recreational vehicles arrive at their destinations safely and efficiently. We are capable of getting nearly any truck or piece of equipment out of any situation.
At 5 Points towing, we understand that your vehicles make you money and whether it’s a breakdown on the side of the road or a construction vehicle delivery, the longer they sit, the more you lose. That’s why we have a 24 hour priority phone number – we know how important it is to get your vehicles and your crew back to work as quickly as possible.
What is Medium Duty Towing?
A medium duty vehicle falls into one of 3 classifications and determined by the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, or GVWR, which is basically the maximum amount of weight that vehicle can handle, including all passengers, fuel and other equipment plus the weight of the vehicle itself. 5 Points towing is capable of towing virtually every vehicle in these classes.
- Class 4 Vehicle: These have a GVWR of between 14,001 and 16,000 lbs, or roughly 7 to 8 tons. Most “4”series trucks fall into this category(Ford F-450, Dodge Ram 4500, etc.)
- Class 5 Vehicle: These have a GVWR of between 16,001 and 19,500 lbs, or between 8 and 9.5 tons.
- Class 6 Vehicle; These have a GVWR of between 19,501 and 26,000 lbs, or between 9.5 and 13 tons.
What you need to know about Medium Duty Towing
If you need a medium duty truck towed, we’ll need a few pieces of information. This way we can make your towing experience as worry-free as possible. We’ve listed them below
- Vehicle year, make and model
- Gross weight, if known
- Height and length of the vehicle, if known
- Any special equipment on the vehicle, or any unusually heavy loads
- If the vehicle is a piece of equipment and needs flat-bed towing, height, weight and length
Check out some of the things we’ve towed in the past in our photo gallery.